Tuesday 30 September 2008

It's Oh So quiet.....

26 February 200821:21:04 o'clock GMT Feeling Hopeful Hearing Nothing - sheer, blissful silence!

Here we are, nearly four weeks to the day since I last spouted forth any gems of wisdom or clear thought on these pages! The house is empty, one child at Samba band the other at theatre workshop, DH is out working and I have the house to myself!!! What to do? Do take this opportunity to throw off all my clothes and tear around naked? Do I go and try on my evening dresses and/or wedding dress to see if I can still get into them? Should I go and raid the freezer and finish the 2 litre tub of cornish vanilla ice cream I know is in there? Maybe I should go and find a film I want to see and go and indulge myself with chocolate, wine and scented candles. Perhaps I should take the chance to go and have a long luxurious soak in the bath with no-one shouting through the door? And so do I do any of these things? Well you'll never know, 'cos I'm not telling!!!!! But bear in mind that I am sitting here blogging...
Moving from the realms of fantasy into the more mundane, I should be trying to write a short story or two. My study buddies are still studying with the OU and are very good at encouraging each other to keep on writing. I've lost my OU link now and can no longer have online typewritten chats, but we do email and they keep me in the loop. The latest one is to write a short story of about 1 X A4 page for a given title. Colleen (as usual) has done a stunner on our first effort and no doubt when Linda gets hers onto the page it will be equally as good. How these two haven't been published yet I cannot imagine! It's okay - I'm not going to bore you all with the details and all the things we decide to write about, but I feel I should at least try to find some time to get some of the thoughts I have for stories down on paper. Colleen sent me a beautiful notebook and I started to make notes in it but I've gotten out of the way of it. The usual suspects, lack of time, too much to do in other areas, all tainted with the fear that I can't really write for toffee in the first place! Linda sent me a book on writing for children, this is a major thing for me, I really would like to turn the scripts for my early Junior shows into childrens books and illustrate them too, but, time.... maybe once I find a full time permanent job and the pressure eases off a bit I'll manage to get back into things. I've had to give up my art class for the time being as I spend my weekends either doing stuff for school or trying to remind myself what colour the carpets are, as I hoover threee weeks dust off them!
Still having the clear out, it's turning into an early Spring Clean (either that or an extremely late one!) Went into the loft to get some stuff and was horrified at the state of it! Paul and I have already take bags and bags of rubbish out and dumped it and the place was looking not too bad... or so I thought. For some reason the most recent things have been taken up and dumped and to look at it you'd hardly know it had ever been touched! I'm off the two weeks before the schools here and am already planning to spend at least one day up there sorting things out and getting more stuff ready to go to the dump. That along with a planned day into Glasgow with pal Anne and a couple of lunch dates with other friends I haven't seen for ages should give me a fine time for my holidays! Mind you, knowing my luck any interviews I manage to get invited to will probably fall in the holidays... so maybe my plans will come to nothing. Perhaps I shall just wait and see.
The job market is particulary thin at the moment, not much on offer. Have submitted the required application to the authority I work in just now and would like to submit applications to the other authorities adjoining my geographic location, however, there are no vacancies and only probationers may apply internally for any jobs that may be coming up! Most authorities have online submission and you need job codes and reference numbers, so I can't even blag my way in on the strength of having worked in my domicile authority for 5 years as a classroom assisitant! Now wishing I had gone to Jordanhill instead of Moray House - Authorities only want their own probationers, the rest of us won't get a look in! Still miffed at the other girl from here getting the only prob. job in the area, especially as I particularly asked for local and she had ticked other areas! No rhyme or reason to it. Interviews apparently start on the 6th of March, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
On the up side I am heavily involved in the end of Spring Term Production of The Rocky Monster Show! I am Directing and Co-Producing and assisiting on set design, costume and make up! It's a middle and upper school project and basically all hands to the pumps! I have rehearsals every day at lunch time and after school on a Monday, Production meetings every other hour (or so it feels!) or at least one a day, and it's all meant to happen in less than three weeks! NO pressure then! I'm just hoping it all comes together - we're dropping curriculum stuff like hot potatoes and I'm now beginning to panic about my forward plans - the one I should be fulfilling and the one I'm going to be writing for after Easter! Every available hall time is being used and I'm getting cover on a Friday to take Principals out for extra practice and its all rather frantic! Observed lesson next week and can't recall how many more still to be done and all this as well as revise education policy for the interviews and try to clear the stuffed up head and prove I can speak like a normal human instead of a baboon with a cleft palate - yes! Yet another cold! I was hoping that I was past all this but here it goes again! I blame DH - he brought it home from one of his pupils and passed it on to me - darned cheek! But I'm getting my own back - I'm saving the germs up to give him back on his birthday!!!!!
Well that's the first family member returned so there goes the peace and quiet! Anyhow, you've probably got much better things to be doing than continuing to read this drivel so I'll pack it all up and say goodnight, Goodnight!
Till next time!

No comments: