Tuesday 30 September 2008

It's the Final Countdown

11 June 200818:04:39 o'clock BST Feeling Stressed Hearing The sound of my high blood pressure....

Well the final two weeks are perched like vutures on the near horizon. This week has been a manic and stress filled one. I have spent all my time getting as many things finished in the classroom as possible. Displays, topics, maths and language programs, reading books and all that goes alongside. Seems daft to be panicking about getting the displays up as I'll be hauling them down next week, but them's the breaks! I will spend a great deal of time this evening putting together a last week booklet of activities for my class and will spend tomorrow after school photocopying it and binding it! We have a trip to the Glasgow Science Centre on Monday and the School Sports Day on Tuesday so it's a very short week and I'm not holding out much hope for getting anything important done.
However, on the up side, I have been given the maternity cover for Mairi from August till March and so that's a major plus point!! I have time now to find a full time permanent job without having to sell my organs or body....parts! Having a wage is extremely important as I have a horrendous amount of accrued debt from my Post Grad year. I had hoped to get rid of major chunks of it this year and, on paper, it looked possible, but reality reared it's ugly head and I'm not much better off. Maybe next year will allow me to get more paid off. Student loans are an awful thing, I'm hoping I can afford to pay the girls through Uni so they don't have to have one. So, can rest easy and really enjoy my holiday to Egypt, knowing I don't have to penny pinch. I got told today that I'm funded for the first three weeks of the term, even though Mairi won't go off till the beginning of September and This means I can start fresh with my Primary 6 class and get set up before the term begins and get my guff put up on the walls. Oh the fun!!!!!
Getting grief from Victoria who wants to use the computer for her homework. Huh! Some cheek eh? Anyway I'd better let her go on or she won't have time to finish up before bedtime.
Till next time

No comments: