Tuesday 17 February 2009

That was the holiday that was.

Or so they would have you believe! Had Friday at the dentist, lunch with a friend and a trip to see Oliver in Motherwell, Saturday morning frantically doing the housework I should have had done on the Friday for the visitors coming. Cooked up a storm mind you! Had a pleasant enough afternoon and evening with the guests and did a humungous fry up on Sunday morning for breakfast! Toddled off to Livingston for a couple of hours and then collapsed into my bed shattered! Monday saw me back in the dentist's chair first thing and rushing from there to Lanark to drop off my impression and to catch the train to Glasgow. Met up with the gang and had a rather pleasant few hours stotting about, managed to get some really cool fabric for the dance routine in The King and I and some trimmings into the bargain. Rumbled back to the train eventually and managed to collect my dentistry in Lanark before trundling home. Alas and alack the dentistry was not a success and I have had to go back again this morning to have the work re-done and so am very conscious of a gap at the edge of my smile that may not be filled till Friday! However, this panic notwithstanding, we tripped off into Edinburgh for a change! Had a good gallop around the West End, bought some music and then sloped off along Princes Street. Was 'conned' into assisting in the purchase of a Wii Guitar Hero which pleased Victoria no end and sauntered through the Gardens to deposit music and game in car to leave hands free for other delectations and delight! Up onto Rose Street and into Cex and Fopp for a browse among the CDs (never got as far as the DVDs!) made a couple of (in my opinion) good purchases and perambulated back along Rose Street to The Filling Station. A branch of which we had eaten in in Glasgow yesterday. Good grub and great value for money, but looking at the price list, I don't think I would be terribly likely to go for a drink - £4.75 for a glass of wine a £14 for the bottle!!! From hence we clambered (some of us staggered) up the Mound and down onto the Royal Mile. After a look around the joke shop and costume shop I bought a pair of blue earrings in a wee crafty shop that I am fond of and, having established there was no-one had a burning desire to go anywhere else we strolled along to the carpark and went off to Ikea for the finale of the day. Didn't buy a thing but had a good look round and imagined what I'd like to have in the kitchen if finances would allow! Some really fab stuff in Ikea - we like it. Had a coffee and cake and roamed aimlessly through the Market place and then back to the car and home.
Back to the school tomorrow (that reminds me - I'd better go check the work clothes situation) So I'm off to bed to try and get a decent night's sleep (I live in hope!)
Till next time!

No comments: