Tuesday 16 December 2008

Growing tireder by the minute...

Two and a half days to go and just about on my knees. The foward plans have come home tonight and after I have some food I'll be sitting with the laptop, tapping away, writing up my next term plans for the little darlings. It's only when I stop to consider that they aren't my class and that I'm really only babysitting them till Easter when the maternity leave ends, that I get thrawn and wish I didn't have to do it. However, it still needs to be done regardless. I was fairly scunnered tonight, as I had planned to get so much done in school after the kids went home, instead every time I got my head down to start working sombody came into my class and started talking. they all vocalised the 'I'll not keep you back' intro, then proceeded to do just that. I ended up going looking for a topic box in the cupboard for one person and looking for a book for another. Surely I should allow these adults to go and find their own things? What is wrong with me? Maybe I am succumbing to the Midwitch Cuckoo syndrome that seems to permeate the school. The children are all in control and the adults do everything to support and protect them from every little thing; even having to learn! so I've packed up my laptop and brought the intention home. Mind you the last episodes of the re-run of Will and Grace is on later so maybe I'll just do a bit and go in really early tomorrow...
Ho hum! I have a pile of wrapping to do tonight too - maybe we should see about gathering the extra leap seconds we accumulate and try and get another two or three hours a day that we can call our own. Though I suppose it wouldn't be that long before we were all used up in the extra time department too....
Till next time.

No comments: