Monday 26 October 2009

This is getting boring...

Why? Because I still have had no indication of there being any work at all from any quarter. Short of going out in a sandwich-board offering my services (and yes, it crossed my mind!) I have no hope of anything yet. Local Authorities have practically no jobs to speak of in any area let alone teaching, and I am now looking at trying to get a job in a local coffee shop when it opens next week - but as there are hundreds of people looking for work - the chances are slim to say the least.
Anyhooo... Biggar Little Festival drew to a conclusion last night and was I glad? Yes I was! Not because it had been boring but because it has been so busy! Biggar Shorts last Monday was frantic fun - finally managed to get a grip on most of the dialogue, but mega thanks to Gil who kept an eye on me and gave me the subtlest prompts to keep me moving through the sticky bits! Mostly Musicals on Friday was great fun! The Vaughn Williams came together at last and I think it went down well. The rest of the show was pretty good too, though the Rossini may have just slipped a bit in the last section.... however the wine was flowing after in the bar so that was all right then! In fact I found I partied a little harder than I would normally have done and the results were not happy at all. Discovered that Champagne and red wine truly do not make for a happy mix. Saturday was a bit of a washout as I was not firing on any cylinders for most of the morning. Did not dare to drive till late in the afternoon...
Not to worry, I will get back to having a glass of red eventually - perhaps just not this week....
Final barge at the theatre emptying and clearing this week and next. The last items need to be packed up and put away. Juniors Halloween party on Wednesday night then the Farewell Fling on Friday 6th November and then we're shut for the duration!
Ah me! The end of an era indeed.
Till next time....

No comments: