Friday 9 October 2009

Foiled! And I don't mean covered in silver paper!

Well they say the best laid plans gang aft agley and it is yet another truism. Decided to thrust myself into the Borders schools today to repeat the exercise of Monday and introduce myself around and hand out my card so they can contact me directly for supply. At the optimum moment a text popped up on my phone from a friend who should have been snugly at work in her Borders School Office asking if I were going to Livingston as she would accompany me if I were. At this point I realised that Borders have one day more of holiday than South Lanarkshire, who are in school today but off next week! Confused? So am I! Why can't they all take the same flippin' holidays? Then we could all plan trips and excursions with our families and so on! I've not spent October break with my girls for three years because the holidays in Lanarkshire are different to the Authority I'm working in!
Anyhoooo. As previously stated the Stane primary job is a burst, still hoping for a bite at Cleland and have spent the morning writing applications for Priorsford in Peebles and Newmains at Wishaw. From one end of the country to the other!! Just hoping I get an interview for at least one of them! In the meantime, I'm still plodding through all the job search websites I have in my favourites list in the vague and vain hope that a job I could do (perhaps not in teaching) would pop up - it would have to pay reasonably well and not be too far away, hours? Monday to Friday 9 till 5 would be perfect. well so long as it had a minimum of 15K in the paycheck..... or more..... so any of you blog browsers out there who are drawn to this blog for what ever reason, if yo have a job in need of filling let me know! All sensible suggestions considered! Dearly Beloved suggested I go and see if Tescos are hiring...... don't fret, he still is able to walk!
Off now to make a bite to eat for lunch and to study my lines for Biggar shorts, then it's a bit more ironing accompanied by Bleak Expectations (guffaw!) and then into Lanark to collect Victoria from her last day of Work Experience (maybe with a large bag of biscuits in tow!) and back here to yet more housework type stuff. Ah me! A woman's work is never done!!
Till next time...

No comments: