Thursday 8 October 2009

National Poetry Day

Today upon the radio
...I learned something I did not know.
......This day, it would appear to be,
.........Is to be filled with poetry.
............Now I've been known from time to time,
...............To pen an epic tale in rhyme,
So here upon this blog I scrawl,
...Dear reader, here I give my all!
......It's been a busy time all told
.........In job hunting I have been bold;
............Pro-active is the phrase I spake
................Whilst touting an employment break.
I went to schools and left my card
...Contacting me should not be hard.
......Supply you need? I'm on my way,
.........I'll stay all week or just the day!
............So far no interviews have come my way
...............One possible said 'no' today.
But that's okay, I'm not upset
...There will have been, I'd like to bet,
......At least four hundred folks applied,
.........And I can always say I tried
............To write a real exciting sheet
...............To make them put me on the leet.
However it was not to be
...The other job? I'll wait and see.
......Now I have to go and play
.........At housework for the rest of day.
.............I hope you have enjoyed my rhyme
................Fare thee well, until next time.......

No comments: