Friday 23 January 2009

Bereaved and bereft.

My car has shuffled off its mortal coil and other engine parts and left me in need of new wheels but with no permanent job or sight of one this could prove to be difficult. Have a tiny little Nissan Micra as a loaner with an option to purchase at a fairly reasonable price. Downside is that I would not get my weeks' shopping in it let alone the girls and the shopping - so that's a no-no. Will be going to look at a Peugot 206 - slightly younger, not too drastic price but want to drive it about before making plans. At the same time I have been notified that I will have to apply for a job with the council again this year and go into the bulk interviews in March along with all the others in my position (and we are Legion) and this year's Probationers! All for 'some jobs in various locations from August 2009' according to the intranet page of jobs. This could be a very tight summer - no work - no money - no car - no chocolate..... sob, sob, I can't bear it, I have to go and lie down in a darkened room. Or go visit a friend and drink copious amounts of wine...... Hmmmmm.......
Gotta go.
Till next time.

No comments: