Sunday 4 January 2009

They think it's all over... It is now!

So that was the holiday. Two weeks of nothingness, right down the tubes, nothing accomplished, completed, finalised or any other form of closure! Well, unless you count the bottles of wine that clink emptily in the recycling and the peanut bags in the trash! Have spent too much money on stuff I don't really need, like DVDs and CDs and new trousers and jackets for work, and spent too much time slobbing out in front of the telly instead of getting things done. (The laundry is really gettting on my wick now!) And it's back to work tomorrow and the last lap of my Maternity cover supply job. I've been looking for jobs to apply for but there simply aren't any in the area. (I've decided, in a fit of devil-may-care-edness not to go for the ones up in Aberdeen - the commute is just a tad too far, especially in the winter...) I'm hoping against hope that there might be a sudden change in staff in my school and an opening appear, or that my colleague might change her mind about coming back full time and want a job share, 'cos I'd do that just to get a permanent post and a dedicated salary, however truncated. And I still have to compose my application forms for South Lanarkshire so that if a job hoves on the horizon I have the blurb ready to go, ditto West Lothian and Borders. It's a difficult thing to do, I find, to blow your own trumpet loud enough to attract attention and bag the job but not to sound totally full of it at the same time. A complex tightrope to trip along I think. So many folk have told me there will be a sudden surge in jobs in the New Year I am really concerned I will miss out if I don't get on with it! So.... as we all know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, so that must be where I'm off to.........
Till next time,

No comments: